Jissō-ji ［実相寺］: A temple at Iwamoto in Fuji City, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan. Founded by Chiin in the mid-twelfth century, it belonged to the Tendai school. In 1258 Nichiren visited this temple to do research in its sutra library in preparation for writing his treatise On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of the Land. At that time Nikkō, who studied at nearby Shijūku-in, another Tendai temple across the Fuji River, had an opportunity to serve Nichiren at Jissō-ji and decided to become his disciple. Jissō-ji later converted to the Nichiren school.